The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor mill is closed! Speculation is rife about the moves over the summer, so check out the latest gossip below and all the official listings here.
TOP STORY : Kane, Lautaro reserve for Haaland at Barca
The transfer situation for Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland is becoming increasingly clear.
Sources from ESPN revealed that the Norwegian’s father, Alf-Inge Haaland, and his agent Mino Raiola held talks with Real Madrid and Barcelona on Thursday.
That seems to put the Spanish giants in the lead in the race to sign the promising Dortmund player, but Barcelona are also making sure they have plans ready in case they fail to convince the 20-year-old to join them.
This news comes to us via two reports from Sport Magazine which claim that the Catalans are considering Internazionale star Lautaro Martinez as their plan B, while the Spanish site adds that Barca are considering Tottenham Hotspur talisman Harry Kane as another option.
Barcelona tried to sign the striker last summer, but failed to reach an agreement with Inter.
The Serie A club are currently struggling financially, so there is reason to believe that they may want to listen to offers lower than the €111 million they were expecting so far. However, there are doubts at Barca as to whether he is the player they want, according to the report.
That’s where Kane could come in, and Barcelona know that Spurs would rather see the 27-year-old abroad than in another Premier League team.
They have read up on the England captain and have been impressed with his performances, ability and professionalism. And with rumours circulating about the striker’s future, a possible move to Camp Nou could tempt him.
That said, it bears repeating that Haaland remains a priority for Barcelona as long as they have a chance to contract him.
– The Insider’s Notebook: Liverpool’s big decision on Salah
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
Alejandro Moreno explains why Lionel Messi and Barcelona are the place for Erling Haaland.
– Multiple reports have recently claimed that Aston Villa have increased Jack Grealish’s potential transfer fee to £100m to prevent interested clubs from targeting the 25-year-old. Football Insider reports that their willingness to stay around could well be put to the test, as the England international is Manchester City’s priority ahead of the summer transfer window and they are preparing a huge bid.
– Barnwell’s best move: 100-51 | 50-1
– January transfer
– last major transfer made
– Everton are hoping to complete an ambitious transfer for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, who Carlo Ancelotti has worked with in the past, reports Football Insider. The Senegal international, who turns 30 in June, is valued at £89m or more, but that price is expected to drop by at least £30m, meaning the Toffees are waiting in the wings to see if they can reunite Ancelotti with the defender.
– Wolfsburg midfielder Maximilian Arnold spoke to Sky Sports Deutschland about the rumours surrounding a possible move to Bayern Munich. The 26-year-old, who recently signed a five-year contract, said: I don’t know what the future holds. But when you sign such a long contract, you think about it a lot. But you can’t isolate yourself from everything. If you get a good deal, you’ll probably consider it too. It’s the same for me. But I’m not giving up on VfL Wolfsburg so easily.
– According to Calciomercato, AC Milan and Napoli are interested in Spezia centre-back Martin Erlik. The 23-year-old Croatian has been one of the team’s best players this season, which was enough for the Rossoneri to confirm their interest, which began last year.
espn transfer news now,espn football transfer blog,latest confirmed football transfers,barcelona transfer news,chelsea transfer news,completed transfer news,Privacy settings,How Search works,transfer news today,latest transfer news