The Spanish side are in the market for a striker, and according to reports in the British media, they face competition from Arsenal for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.
The transfer window is one of the most exciting periods of the year for football fans, but it is also a time when rumours fly and contracts fail to materialize, with fans left confused and disappointed. Renowned journalist and Arsenal fan Ian Byrne joins us to provide some insight as to what many clubs are actually doing in the transfer market.
With the January transfer window closed, attention now turns to the summer, and it’s been a busy month for Arsenal, with the club announcing a number of new recruits. The first, of course, was Shkodran Mustafi, who arrived on a free transfer from Valencia. A couple of days later, Arsenal completed the signing of Lucas Perez, who joined from Deportivo.. Read more about arsenal transfer news and let us know what you think.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Barcelona is interested in signing Arsenal’s top pair.
Barcelona is still rebuilding after losing Lionel Messi to PSG, with rumours suggesting the Catalan club is keeping an eye on Arsenal pair Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Both youngsters from North London are said to be on Ronald Koeman’s radar after the Dutch manager stated that he wants to acquire a striker before the transfer window shuts.
Arsenal has reportedly offered both forwards to Barcelona, with the Gunners looking to cut their salary cost. On their basic wages alone, the two players cost a combined £420,000 per week, with Lacazette’s contract expiring in only one year.
The future of the agreement is dependent on Martin Braithwaite’s situation, which the Blaugrana want to resolve before moving on with talks for the Premier League players.
However, after scoring in Barcelona’s 4-2 win against Real Sociedad on the first day of the season, the Denmark international may have made his case to remain at Camp Nou.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
Is any of Arsenal’s offensive talents a good fit for Barcelona? Getty
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to The Telegraph, Tottenham Hotspur are considering signing Patrick Bamford before the summer transfer window closes. Nuno Espirito Santo’s team won 1-0 over Manchester City to start their Premier League season, but Harry Kane’s future remains uncertain amid interest from the champions. Leeds United want the striker to pledge his future to the club and are allegedly working on a new deal to fend off Spurs’ interest.
– According to Calciomercato, Juventus are preparing to make a bid for Miralem Pjanic. Since it was reported that the LaLiga club was interested in selling a number of players to reduce their salary budget, the Old Lady has been connected with the Barcelona star. According to reports, the Catalan club would be willing to pay 20% of the midfielder’s salary to complete the transfer, which has prompted Juventus to speed up their chase of the Bosnian international.
– Burnley are seeking to bolster their starting lineup, with the Premier League side poised to compete with Hertha Berlin for Maxwel Cornet. Sean Dyche wants to add speed to his team, according to The Sun, and the Lyon winger would be available for £15 million. The 24-year-old can play on both sides and has previously played left-back, although he was sent off against Angers in Lyon’s first Ligue 1 match.
– A Metz star is attracting European powerhouses from England, with three Premier League teams vying for Pape Sarr. According to Football Insider, Manchester United, Chelsea, and Manchester City are all vying for the signing of the highly-rated 18-year-old. A trade is expected to cost about £28 million, but the Senegal star’s popularity may lead to a bidding battle.
– Following a 3-0 loss to Chelsea on the Premier League’s opening day, Crystal Palace are eyeing Watford’s Will Hughes as a possible acquisition. Patrick Vieira’s representatives, according to journalist Ekrem Konur, are discussing personal conditions with the 26-year-old, who recently rejected down a contract offer from Watford. Hughes was a key figure in Watford’s promotion push last season, making 30 league games.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- alexandre lacazette
- lacazette transfer
- wenger signings
- arsenal signings under wenger
- arsenal done deal signing