The Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for SSC GD recruitment. Since the authorities have released the official notification, aspirants have been applying for the exam. You should begin your SSC GD preparation a few months in advance so that you do not rush at the last minute. In this article, we have shared the preparation tips for the SSC GD exam for all the subjects.
How to Prepare for the SSC GD Exam?
Candidates applying for the SSC GD exam must have an effective preparation strategy to succeed in their endeavor. Here are subject-wise preparation tips you should follow to qualify for the SSC GD exam. RTh first and foremost rule is to know the SSC GD Syllabus. With the help of the syllabus, you will know the topics that you need to focus more on.
Preparation Tips for General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Start from the easy topics that just require common sense, such as Blood relations, Similarities and Differences, etc.
- Once you have practiced for the easy topics, move on to the relatively harder topics such as Syllogism, Number Series, Arithmetical Reasoning, Statements, etc.
- Solve a good volume of questions with an increasing level of difficulty.
- Make diagrams and practice for the topics like Figural Classification, Spatial Visualization, and so on.
- Enroll yourself on BYJU’S Exam Prep. Here the experienced faculty or the subject matter experts will clear all your doubts and give the best guidelines to improve your problem-solving skills.
Preparation Tips for General Knowledge & General Awareness
- Go through daily newspapers, particularly for Polity, Science and Technology, Economy, Business pages.
- Read the latest yearbook or monthly magazines to know about national and international events.
- Refer to the textbook of class 10 to know about the Indian Constitution, Culture, History, and Geography.
- Stay updated with current affairs.
- Make notes of important events, memorize them and revise regularly.
Preparation Tips For Elementary Mathematics:
- Start preparing with easy topics like Percentage, Average, Profit and Loss, Interest, etc.
- Gradually move on to the harder topics like Boats and Cisterns, Speed and Distance, logical and analytical approach, Time and Work, etc.
- Solve as many problems and tricky sums as you can to master elementary math.
- Learn the formulas and brush up on the concepts.
- Revise the formulas regularly.
- Join BYJU’S Exam Prep to get weekly and monthly magazines on current topics and events.
Preparation Tips For English / Hindi:
- Learn the various rules of English/Hindi Grammar.
- Brush up the concepts and solve the examples for better understanding and practice.
- Go through books and newspapers in English/Hindi language for practical application of the rules. Reading will also help learn new words, spellings, and comprehension tests.
- Practice grammar-related questions like Fill in The Blanks, Error Spotting, etc.
- Memorize new words and practice their usage.
Additional Tips for SSC GD Exam
The best preparation tip for the SSC GD Exam is to make a timetable, practice the question papers of previous years, refer to the best books, take mock tests, make short notes and revise on a regular basis.
Now that you have a good understanding of the SSC GD preparation strategy, don’t waste another moment. Start studying from today, and reach the position you always wanted to be. Visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to get access to all the required study materials for the exam.
Stay Connect with our education blog & write for us education.