The world of animation is truly huge and is one of the fastest growing industries in India and the world. After seeing some of the best animated films Ice Age, Angry Birds, The Incredibles and many other animated films, many of you must have considered doing something similar. It’s no easy task to make such great films, and that’s the job of an animator. There are many opportunities for good jobs and the possibility of a better career.
If you are obsessed with these amazing characters and want to design something similar, an animation course is the best choice. They have several courses that offer you knowledge and training in animation. If you want to know more about the course before you start, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more about this animation course and how to become an animator in India.
Who is the facilitator?
If you’ve ever seen a cartoon, you have an idea who the animator is. All the characters and the emotions between the characters are created by the animation. When you have mastered the animation course, you will be called an animator. To become an animator, you have to work hard. You have to be very creative to learn or master an animation course. It’s not easy to become a successful animator.
There are many giants that outsource animation work, so there are many chances that you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best companies in the world. So keep reading the article if you want to have a really good career in the animation world. The chances of you getting the job of your choice are very high.
It is very important for you to know the criteria for becoming a facilitator. This information will help you decide whether or not this course is right for you. Therefore, the requirements you need to meet if you want to take an animation course:
- Candidates who wish to take a certification course in animation may enroll in this course regardless of their qualification. However, it is very important that you get at least the 10. You must have good grades for your high school education.
- But if you’re doing a degree or diploma in animation, you need to make sure you’ve passed the 12th level. A standard that every good college or institution should have achieved. You had to get at least 50% of the points for grade 12.
So, if you think you meet all the above criteria, you can choose one of the courses below. Each course takes a different time, so make sure you check out all the details before signing up. One of the best things about animation courses is that they have no placement test. You can apply directly to a college or institute.
Some of the best courses to become a facilitator
If you have decided to become an animator in India, it is time to choose the best education. The best thing about this animation course is that you have many options to choose from as there are so many different courses in India. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best courses here to help you choose the one that suits you best. A list of the best animation courses:
- B.Des in animation – 3 years
- Bachelor’s degree in animation and video games – 3 years.
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and VFX – 3 years
- Bachelor in Animation – 3 years.
- Bachelor degree in animation and multimedia – 3 years
- Bachelor of Arts in Animation and Computer Graphics – 3 years
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and Graphic Design – 3 years
- Bachelor in digital film and animation – 3 years
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation, Graphic and Web Design – 3 years
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation) – 3 years
- Certificate in 2D Animation – 3 to 6 months
- 3D animation certificate – 3 to 6 months
- CG Art Certificate – 3 to 6 months
- Certificate for editing, mixing and post-production work – 6 months
- Certificate in VFX – 3 to 6 months
- Diploma in 2D Animation – 1 year
- Diploma in 3D Animation – 1 year
- Diploma in Animation and Cinematography – 1 to 2 years
- Diploma in Animation and VFX – 1 year
- Diploma in animation, video editing and post-production – 1 to 2 years
- CG Animation Diploma – 6 months
- Diploma in Digital Animation – 1 year
- Diploma in VFX – 6 months
So, as you can see, there are courses from three months to three years. You should choose the right course based on your degrees, other skills and interests. Different courses require different degrees, so you have to be very careful.
After taking one of the animation courses and becoming an animator, you can get a number of jobs. Your interest can help you choose a good job, as there are several options available to you. The most common jobs are the following:
Smart guy: At this point you begin to learn from your elders and gain a full active knowledge of animation.
Character animators: They are responsible for adding movement to characters or lives. If you’re good at frame-by-frame animation and traditional animation, you can excel at character animation.
Animation artist: As an animator, you will be responsible for coloring the backgrounds of all the characters in each project you work on.
You can also get jobs as a model maker, layout artist, special effects artist and storyboard artist.
Fields of application:
There are many areas where you can get job opportunities as the demand for artists is very high both in India and other parts of the world. From the gaming industry to entertainment, animators are needed everywhere. Here are some of the main areas of work for graduates of animation courses:
The film industry: One of the most common areas of work is the film industry. Do you have any idea how many animators it takes to make a good cartoon? They need over 500 people so that they have a better chance of finding a job in the film industry.
Advertising industry : Special effects are not only found in movies, but also in commercials. So there is a need for animators in the advertising industry as well.
Gaming industry: It is one of the most common employment sectors after the film industry. They are necessary for the setup of the game. Computer games are the latest trend, and it would be impossible to design a game without a skilled animator.
Electronics industry : The e-learning industry has become increasingly popular over time. Many people choose to learn online, especially children and those who want to learn something new without leaving home. Animations play a very important role in online learning because animated activities are much easier and engaging for children. This means that you have a good chance of finding a job at an e-learning institute.
Business: You can easily create your own animation institute. They can offer animation services, as well as courses for those who want to take an animation course. This way you can earn a good income. This is not a bad option for those who want to make their own animation institute.
Salary is one of the most important things everyone should know when choosing an animation course and becoming a good animator. The salary you can earn per month will also help you to take the right course and find the right job. There are many professional roles you can play when you take an animation course. Your salary will therefore also depend on your position. If you are hired as a 2D or 3D animator, you can start with a salary of Rs 3,00,000 per year and it can go up to Rs 20,00,000 per year. If you are hired as a Story Artist, you can start at Rs 3,00,000 per year and it can go up to Rs 10,00,000 per year depending on your skills and experience. A character animator can earn Rs. 1,50,000 per year, but with experience you can earn Rs. 7,20,000 per year, which is a very good salary. If you decide to become a background artist, you will start earning from Rs 1,50,000. You can reach Rs 6,00,000 lakhs if you have a good experience in this field.
Some of the top companies in India hiring animators:
Here are some of the best companies that will offer you a job if you are really good at what you do:
- Anibrain, Pune
- Crest Animation Studios, Mumbai.
- Maya Entertainment Limited
- Nipuna Service (Chennai – Headquarters)
- Padmalaya Telefilms, Hyderabad
- Pentamedia Graphics, Chennai
- Reliance Media Companies Ltd, Mumbai
- Toonz Animation Limited, Trivandrum – Kerala
- UTV Toonz, Mumbai.
Some of the best colleges in India that offer animation courses
Once you have enough information about the program, it’s time to gather information about the best colleges. With so many courses available, choosing the right one is already a confusing task for many of you. Today in India, there are many different colleges and institutes that offer animation related courses. This makes it much harder for you to choose a good university. If you’re not sure which university or institute is right for you, check out the list below. Here are some universities you might consider:
- Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada.
- Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
- Meyers Institute of Design, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Pune.
- Brainware University, Kolkata
- United World Institute of Design, Gandhinagar
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, New Delhi and Cochin
- Amity University, Lucknow
- Apeejay Institute of Design, South Delhi.
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Navi
- National Institute of Design, Bangalore
- Arena Animation, Bangalore
- VIDM Institute for Design and Management, New Delhi
- Footwear Design and Development Institute, Noida
So that was our list of the best institutes and colleges in India. You can find even more options near you. Compare them all and check their official websites before deciding which university is best for you to become an entertainer in India.
This is very useful information to become an animator in India. The animation industry is global, so you can start your career anywhere in the world. This means that the number of offers you can get or the number of jobs you can apply for is huge. If you are creative enough, then being an animator is for you. But one of the most common problems one can face as an animator is working excessive hours, otherwise it is the perfect job. So gather all the information and see if Animator is right for you.
frequently asked questions
Is animation a good career in India?
How to find a job in animation in India?
Career guidance Career opportunities
What training is required to become a facilitator?
Career in art and design
salary of an animator in indiahow to become an animator in japananimator salary in india monthly2d animator salary in indiahow to become an animator for disneyanimation designer salary in india,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to become an animator in japan,animator salary in india monthly,salary of an animator in india,how to become an animator for disney,highest paid animator in india,career in animation in india,animation career salary,3d animator salary